Getting your sim registered should be the priority of everyone because sims that are not registered are usually used in terrorist attacks or any other illegal activity. PTA introduced the idea of documenting your sim on your CNIC to overcome this problem. Registering your sim is essential. If someday something terrible happens, you can get in trouble because of your unregistered or, should we say, illegal sim. You can register your sim with your CNIC. In this article, we will tell you how to check the number of sims on your CNIC, so keep reading!
How to check sims on CNIC through the website?
By following this method, you can check the sims on CNIC through the website.
- Visit the PTA SIM information website to determine the number of issued and active SIM cards associated with your name.
- The link will open a web page asking you to enter your information.
- In the appropriate field, enter your CNIC number.
- Make sure you are not a robot by checking the box and clicking Submit.
- You will be shown a tabular list of registered SIMs for that specific CNIC.
- The carrier will classify the number of SIM cards, and the table will also show the total number of SIM cards you have registered with your CNIC.
How to check sims on CNIC through SMS?
Follow this method to check the sims on CNIC via SMS.
- Open your phone’s text messaging app.
- Enter your CNIC without any hyphens.
- Then forward this message to 668.
- You will shortly receive a text message indicating each operator’s total number of active SIM cards issued on your CNIC.
Does it cost any charge to check sims on CNIC through the website?
No! It does not cost any fee to check sims on CNIC through the PTA SIM information website.
Does it cost any charge to check sims on CNIC through SMS?
Yes! Please keep in mind that each SMS sent to 668 will cost you 2 PKR + tax.
How many sims can get registered on one CNIC?
You can only register five sims on your CNIC card.
What is Sim Cloning?
Cloning a SIM is the process of duplicating a SIM by transferring the identification information of a cloned SIM to another SIM. The separate SIM can then be used on a different cell phone with all the data and costs associated with the original SIM.
What should you do once you find out your sim has been cloned?
Suppose you ever find out that the number of SIM cards issued for your CNIC is higher than the number you currently use. In that case, you should immediately contact the appropriate cellular company and file a complaint about blocking an illegally operating SIM card.
Why should you take direct action once you find out your sim is cloned?
SIM cloning is a standard method used by many criminals to commit illegal activities and make related calls while using someone else’s identity. If you receive a call from your number that you did not initiate, take direct action.
What is the PTA Biometric Verification System?
The PTA Biometric Verification System, or BVS for short, is a critical step in the PTA’s monitoring of cellular subscriber safety and putting an end to the illegal use of mobile communications. This system allows you to quickly:
- Obtain a duplicate SIM card.
- Activate or purchase a new SIM card.
- Ownership transfer of a SIM card previously registered under someone else’s CNIC.
- Re-verify your SIM card
- Resolve issues with mobile number portability.
How can I get biometric SIM card verification?
To ensure that your authorized SIM is not blocked, use a SIM that the PTA recognizes. To obtain a biometric verified SIM, you must first determine whether or not the SIM is registered in your name.
How can I find out who owns the SIM card?
Follow these simple steps to find out who owns the SIM card:
- Open the text messaging app on your phone.
- Send an empty message to 667.
- You will shortly receive a text message with the name of the SIM card owner from whom the message was sent.
How do you block the SIM card associated with your CNIC?
If you want to check how to check sims on CNIC that you are not using, you should block it so that you are no longer responsible for that number on your CNIC. It would be best if you did the following to accomplish this:
Visit the relevant cellular company’s nearest franchise or customer support office.
To block your requested number immediately, you must show your original CNIC and fill out the appropriate form.
Make sure you save yourself from any legal inquiry, as unregistered sims are illegal and considered a crime. It is easy to register your sims, and PTA has made it easy to check your sims on CNIC through websites and SMS.